3.5 to 6 Years Old
Goals of Emergent Curriculum:
- Encouraging and fostering healthy peer interactions through conversations, play and games.
- Continuing and expanding school learning concepts within the center.
- Consult the children to form program plans, room expectations and room routines.
- Excursions within the community.
- Developing a sense of self and place in the community.
Senior Preschool Daily Routine Schedule
|6:30 – 7:00||Arrival in the Toddler Room. Free play. Move to own room.|
|7:00 - 7:15||Wash hands. Breakfast.|
|7:15 - 7:45||Clean up. Diaper changing; potty training.|
|7:45 - 8:15||LPB Innovative Program/ table top activity.|
|8:15 - 8:45||Circle time.|
|8:45 - 9:00||Clean up. Wash Hands. Bathroom Time.|
|9:00 - 9:45||Circle Time, table top activity, free play.|
|9:45 – 10:15||LPB Innovative Program|
|10:15 – 11:00||Outdoor activities, Walk, Community excursion (weather permitting) and/or alternative programming, including Learning centers.|
|11:15 – 11:30||Clean up. Wash hands. Bathroom time.|
|11:30 – 12:00||Lunch time.|
|12:00 – 12:30||Clean up. Wash hands. Bathroom time.|
|12:30 – 2:30||Quiet time/Nap time. Table top activities, Puzzles or Outdoor play (weather permitting).|
|2:45 – 3:00||Wash hands. Bathroom time.|
|3:00 - 3:30||Snack time.|
|3:30 - 3:45||Clean up. Bathroom time.|
|3:45 - 5:00||Activities, Free play Cooperative Learning Groups (ex. writing, creative arts, computers, academic games, reading, math, etc.).|
|5:00 - 6:00||Free Play. Activities. Outdoor activities (weather permitting) or indoor activities.|